Our History

Started in 1916, the Theosophical Society in Detroit is dedicated to raise our consciousness about theosophical concepts and to provide programs and guidance to all who are interested in living a spiritual life.

 

The Theosophical Society (TS) is a local lodge of the worldwide society represented in 70 countries with headquarters in Chennai, India.  It was first started by H. P. Blavatsky and Colonel Henry S. Olcott in 1875 in New York.  The teachings of theosophy (theos means Gods and Sophia is wisdom or the wisdom of Gods) are found in many cultures all over the world and at all times in history.

 

The Society seeks to promote the practical realization of the universal brotherhood of humanity without any distinctions, to encourage the study of comparative religion, philosophy and science, and to investigate unexplained laws of nature and the powers latent in the human being.

Book Store

Bookstore Hours
Tuesdays 10:00 am to 3:00 pm

Relax and browse through our lending library and bookstore, or visit our new media area on the lower level.

 

Numerous videos and audio tapes are available to enjoy on site.  Or browse through the tables of bargain-priced used books, including the addition of two new estates.

Archive of

Recent Newsletters

27745 Woodward Avenue

Berkley, Michigan 48072

Call Us

248-545-1961

Like Us on Facebook

  • w-facebook